A clean bed gives you a clean mind and good sleep with peaceful thoughts!
The bed is the place where you can relax and unwind after a stressful day at work. Surely a neat and clean bedroom makes you feel organized and wellbeing. Neat and clean bedsheets enable the perfect sleep cycle ensuring you wake up all refreshed and energized in the morning.
Do you know that bedsheets need to be washed at least once a week? It’s surely worth your time and effort to do so, read to know why.
Although your bedding looks clean, definitely harboring bacteria if it is not washed for longtime. Hundreds of organisms can make your bed their home, wandering into it from human skin, sweat and pets or the air you breathe.
Well, you may surprise how these tiny bedbugs even entering your home? They are great hitchhiker’s, very hard to spot, they can travel up to 20 feet and could be found on luggage, may be visitors’ clothes, boxes, used second hand furniture and the most important thing one being unclean bedding. They typically feed on human blood every 5-10 days and can survive up to a whole year without being fed.
Let’s take a look of simple ways to get rid of these bed bugs
- Use a plain, light colored protective cover on your mattress that has been pre-treated with pesticide. The light colour will make it easier to locate the bedbugs.
- Using anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties bedding will help you protect from unwanted bugs at night
- Keep the room clean and wash your beddings once a week, using a heater on the highest setting will get rid of them.
- Avoid getting outside luggage and placing directly on your bed. also avoid keeping suitcases and other luggage’s under your bed and keep place empty to clean regularly. This will prevent potential bedbugs to enter.
- Seal furniture joints to prevent from bed bugs hiding there. Seal cracks around electrical outlets, headboard and bed frames.
- Keep a bed bug spray handy at home, especially when you’re travelling.